- How do I bookmark the Market Research application?
- After not using the Market Research application for a while, I returned and it took me to the Chelsea House International LLC home page. What happened?
- When printing the report page the status bars have no color, how do I get them to print properly?
|How do I bookmark the Market Research application?|
The Market Research application is designed so that you have your own personal working space to view the online data. Therefore when you active the application the first step it takes is to wisk you to your own private area. Unfortunately, this prevents you from adding a bookmark to the introduction page of the site, simply by adding the first page you see to your favorites list. Therefore to place a bookmark directly to the Market Research application follow these simple steps:
- Launch the application by entering http://www.chelseahouseinternational.com/market-research.gdl into the address line of
your web browser.
- Bookmark this application page. This will create a bookmark to a page that has a url that looks like http://www.chelseahouseinternational.com/sessions/1b0e2d8d/index.html
- Then from the drop down menu open up the command to organize your favorites
- In Internet Explorer 6.0 this is found under Favorites::Organize Favorites
- In Netscape 7.0 this is found under Bookmarks::Manage Bookmarks
- Right click on the bookmark you just created, It will have the nameCHI - Market Research
- Then select thePropertiesList from the pop-up menu
- Replace the url that looks like http://www.chelseahouseinternational.com/sessions/1b0e2d8d/index.html with http://www.chelseahouseinternational.com/market-research.gdl
Your bookmark now will point to the start up page for the application
|After not using the Market Research application for a while, I returned and it took me to the Chelsea House International LLC home page. What happened?|
Your session of the application has timed out! To ensure that the web server can handle your requests to run the application it checks periodically to see if you are still using the application. If you have had no activity since the last time it checked the web server assumes that you are no longer using your session and clears it to make space for the next user. The web server normally checks ever 20 minutes or so.
|When printing the report page the status bars have no color, how do I get them to print properly?|
The reason they do not print is because you have your printing defaults set to not print background colors. To turn them on use one of the following methods:
- Netscape and MozillaUnder the pull down menu File->Page Setup click the print background colors and images checkbox
- Internet ExplorerUnder the pull down menu Tools->Internet Options click on the Advanced tab. Then scroll down to the printing options. Click on the check box print background colors and images.